Embrace an Intimate LifePaso Robles, CA April 8th & 9th
Embrace an Intimate Life: Lessons from the Herd to Repair Our Relationships
Over the last year of the pandemic, we’ve been forced to isolate ourselves from the world. For many of us, this has resulted in a major separation from a genuine sense of connection of all kinds – especially friendship and love. This would be hard on anyone, but is particularly challenging for people who already struggle to open themselves to relationships.
When we experience betrayal, broken trust, or trauma – especially early in life – we develop strategies to help us avoid that pain from being repeated. Often, this results in actively pushing away human connection in order to hold on to a sense of safety. Unfortunately, it also creates a web of loneliness that both protects us and traps us.
While we’re doing the best we can with the skills we have, with each generation we’re unknowingly passing down unresolved stumbling blocks when it comes to forming safe healthy relationships with one another. We are social beings that have a hardwired need for love, connection, and a true sense of belonging. In fact, our entire internal and external ecosystem thrives when we foster relationships of reciprocity. There’s never been a more potent and important time to heal the trauma and experiences that have kept you from healthy, meaningful relationships.
Discover what is possible when horses are the teachers. It’s time to move past old patterns of avoidance, disconnection, and isolation by exploring the key elements you need to be your whole self with others. During this retreat, you’ll experience the profound impact of Equus Coaching. If you’ve ever thought to yourself that animals are easier to be around than people, that’s because they accept and love us completely – just as we are. This dynamic allows you to reengage in a sense of curiosity, prioritize what fosters a genuine sense of safety, and learn to communicate your needs, desires, and personal boundaries.
Over the last 15 years, I’ve been helping people shape a new path towards safe, nourishing relationships that enable them to thrive. This small group retreat, located at Nacimiento Ranch in Paso Robles, CA, will give you the space and tools you need to awaken the possibilities of love, intimacy, and trust in your life.
Through interactive hands-on activities with horses and personal coaching, we’ll gently dissolve old stumbling blocks and help you embrace a whole new level of authentic connection with others.
I hope you will join me.
Through safely guided exercises with horses, reflective meditation time with the herd, and restorative personal coaching with Koelle Simpson, you will:
- Discover the common coping strategy that can prevent you from forming secure, consistent relationships.
- Apply a new level of self awareness to support the key elements you need for meaningful connection
- Learn to trust and honor your own personal truth.
- Regain a healthy connection to your own needs and personal boundaries
- Reveal how the courage to allow yourself to deeply rest will give rise to new layers of curiosity, compassion, resilience, and a renewed capacity for intimacy
- Uncover the immense wisdom of your emotions as a guide to help you stay connected with your needs in relationships.
There is something about being with a horse that offers a powerful invitation to slow down, breath-in fully, become present, and connect with our whole hearts. One of the most powerful life lessons that horses offer us is that everything begins with exploring the relationship with ourselves.
Horses allow us to turn our attention inward to genuinely restore connection with ourselves and our instinctive wisdom. This permission to discover the subtleties of our own emotions, needs, and desires shows us what we truly need—in any moment—to feel safe enough to be utterly ourselves.
Come as You Are
No previous horse experience needed. No riding is ever required. All activities take place on the ground.
It’s even okay to be afraid of horses. If you feel pulled to attend this workshop, know that Koelle has years of experience gently and safely guiding participants at their personal level of comfort around horses.
Listen to the Recorded Call
Koelle recorded an informational call to discuss the many common challenges we face in relationships with one another and why it can feel difficult to cultivate an openhearted way of life. Free free to download the recording here and listen in.
Day 1 - Friday, April 8th, 2022
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 PM | Arrival, check in and welcome
- 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM | Equus demonstration
- 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM | Equus Coaching sessions to help you discover your relationship patterns
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM | Lunch
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM Equus Coaching sessions continued
Day 2 - Saturday, April 9th, 2022
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 PM | Morning Check-in & Discussion
- 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM | Hands-On Learning from the Herd
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM | Group Equus Activity
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM | Lunch
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM| Restoring Connection – Individual Equus Coaching Sessions
Concerned about Covid-19?
We understand. You’re safety is a high priority. Thus we are taking precautions in order to gather safely:
- Our group size will not exceed more than 12 participants.
- All of our activities will be organized outside.
- You’re welcome to wear a mask if you prefer and we’ll be able to easily create distance as needed
- If you face the unfortunate event of becoming sick with covid-19 leading up to this event, we will make every effort to apply your retreat fee to a future program or virtual coaching support by Koelle Simpson.
Program Details & Registration
Retreat Dates: Friday April 8th & Saturday April 9th, 2022
Retreat pricing includes
- Two full days of interactions with horses, small-group instruction and in-depth personal coaching with Koelle Simpson.
- Lunch, drinks and light snacks
- Tuition does not include your flights, transportation, or lodging accommodations. (We will provide a list of hotel suggestion upon sign up.)
- $1400 per participant
Deposit Payment Plan
Two Payments of $700:
- 1st Payment of $700 will be made when you sign up
- 2nd Payment of $700 will be processed 1 month later
Pay In Full
One payment of $1400
Out of stock
Due to the costly, non-refundable nature of reserving venues for various events, and the limited spaces available in workshops and retreats, a cancellation made 60 days or less from the dates of an event is non-refundable. Fifty percent of the event fee will be refunded for a cancellation made between 90 to 61 days prior to a scheduled event. Any cancellation made 91 days prior to a scheduled event is fully refundable minus an administrative processing fee.
Please note that should an issue or challenge arise due to Covid-19 (either with travel restrictions or health matter) we will make every effort to apply your payment as a credit to a future retreat program.
Travel & Accommodation
- Hotel Cheval – 1021 Pine St, Paso Robles, CA 93446 (805) 226-9995
- Adelaide Inn – 1215 Ysabel St, Paso Robles, CA 93446 (805) 238-2770
- La Bellasera – 206 Alexa Ct, Paso Robles, CA; (805) 238-2834
- The Oaks & Suites – 3000 Riverside Avenue, Paso Robles, CA; (805) 237-8700
- Paso Robles Inn – 1103 Spring St. Paso Robles, CA; (805) 238-2660
- Best Western Black Oak Motel – 11135 24th St, Paso Robles, CA; (805) 238-4740
- San Luis Obispo – 35.6 miles (The closest airport to fly into)
- Santa Maria – 68 miles
- Santa Barbara – 129 miles
- Fresno – 113 miles
- Monterey – 113 miles
- San Jose – 162 miles